1.02.2010

Day Two

My goal today was to read a bit of the user's manual and then put my newfound knowledge to work.  I wouldn't say that I met that goal today, but I did play around with the settings, in I guess what you could call a somewhat more educated way :)


I'll have to go back and figure out which settings I messed with, but for now, here are two pictures of my snowman tealight holder.  The very first Christmas decoration I bought as an adult. 






I think that the difference between the two is the white balance.  Honestly it's all so confusing at this point that I can't remember what I did to get the pictures to look so different. 


And for good measure...





Not the most inspired edit, but the original looked so... blah.

5 comments:

  1. First of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of him painting! Love what you did with it!!

    The main picture on top, the second one looks very nice - and very natural. The coloring is really nice.

    It really is confusing. I took Photography in high school and in college for two years and I honestly still do not get a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first pic a lot. I think we have the same ornaments! The whole picture is very warm and cozy and looks like you serve big cozy mugs of cider to carolers!

    The pic of your little man painting is great too. I love the editing, when you've got a classic idea, don't mess with it. It's classic for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting. Do you have photoshop or a similar program to do that function with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the selective coloring on the pic of Jacob!

    The top two pics I like the 2nd one better. I think something in between the two would be perfect. Then you would have some warmth without the snowman being too bright.

    Great pics Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback and compliments ladies!
    I only have adobe elements to work with right now. It's not fancy but it has plenty for me to work with at this point.
    I'm going to play more today with the same functions and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I'm a wife, mother and woman; hear me nag, teach and roar all at the same time. Being a stay at home mom for the last 2 1/2 years has taught me that it's so important, necessary even, to have a hobby outside of diaper changing and laundry. I think that photography might be the thing that helps me find my passion for life outside mommydom once again.