Aww, what a sweetie... Ah! what are you doing? Oh, I love it when you do that.... Don't do that! Hugs for mommy are so nice... we don't hit mommy! Yes, chocolate milk is yummy... No, we don't throw our chocolate milk on the floor! Let's say 'hi' to our friends... no screaming at your friends!
After a particularly stressful day with Jacob, it's nice to look back and see that yes, indeed, we do have moments that are peaceful. It baffles me that a little person who looks so calm and sweet in one instance can be so treacherous and well, monstrous in the next. This was our morning trip to Starbucks. It was such a nice trip; no screaming, yelling, crying or being ornery. As for the rest of our day... don't ask.
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Cameron
- Massachusetts, United States
- I'm a wife, mother and woman; hear me nag, teach and roar all at the same time. Being a stay at home mom for the last 2 1/2 years has taught me that it's so important, necessary even, to have a hobby outside of diaper changing and laundry. I think that photography might be the thing that helps me find my passion for life outside mommydom once again.

Oh my goodness, I know exactly what you mean, sigh, let's hope year 3 is smooth sailing. I can hope right?
ReplyDeleteI too have had the exact same conversations with Sonny. :: sighs ::
ReplyDeleteVery nice picture of Jacob :)
We are already having these conversations with emery... I'm really in for it, right? Last night she picked up her treat tub, the kind that they can pull out what they want but it doesn't spill everywhere... she reached in, saw there was nothing, came over to me and tried to hand it to me. When I didn't take it, she hit me in the face with it. Awww, my darling girl.
ReplyDeleteI think we ALL know exactly what you mean!!!! It's a moment to moment thing around here!
ReplyDelete